Anatomy Trains Workshop
August 23 @ 9:00 am - August 25 @ 5:00 pm$525
In this exciting new and more comprehensive format of Anatomy Trains with Carrie Gaynor you will learn about the myofascial tissue and its many roles in the body. Participants will see the fascial tissues in context and how they are interdependent with the other body systems.
Register early to save $100!
- Review of the AT lines in static posture and introduce functional movement assessment.
- Builds on the skills and knowledge of Anatomy Trains by developing Fascial Touch skills
- BodyReading areas shown in detail, making you ready to explore the body through the FRSB series
- Learn to utilise the power of the DASIE model of touch
- Movement analysis will be utilised to further aid the vision of the fascial layers gliding and the roles of the ‘locals’ and ‘expresses’
- We will add the concepts of ‘cylinders’ to the BodyReading and use it to look at the trunk in particular
- To give more familiarity to the use of Bend, Tilt, Shift, Rotate and how they relate to the body positioning along with developing Fascial Touch Skills.
- To relate the BodyReading to Fascial Release principles of assisted and resisted releases, movement of planes of tissue, separation/differentiation of planes, relaxation of tension and using Schleip’s mechanoreceptor model to communicate different intents.
- To relate global and local tensegrity – expresses vs locals – AT lines vs single muscles, and to understand the necessity of balancing locally as well as the overall posture.