with David Lauterstein
Fri – Sun, January 24-26, 2014
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-6pm
$395 ($100 non-refundable Deposit)
**THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED. WALK IN REGISTRATION IS STILL AVAILABLE.**
For therapists Deep Massage – The Lauterstein Method will greatly enhance their understanding and interaction with both the structure and energy of the human being. Students in “Deep Massage I – How to Combine Structure and Energy in Bodywork” will receive 30 clearly articulated and demonstrated techniques that will add immeasurably to their therapeutic repertoire. Enhanced understanding of structural and energetic anatomy will result in greater inspiration and benefit for both therapist and client. In Deep Massage I you will learn the entire basic Deep Massage Protocol and immediately begin using it with all your clients.
- 30 new Deep techniques for the back, pelvis, legs, front torso, shoulders, neck and head
- How to affect fascia through the thixotrophic effect
- The “fulcrum” model – a systematic method for cultivating optimized touch quality
- How to simultaneously engage the myofascial and nervous systems
- The 12 Working signs of mindbody healing – observation skills which facilitate greater structural/energetic impact
- A higher level of “psychomechanics” as well as body mechanics
- The 7 Dimensions of Touch – exploring enhanced therapeutic power through centering, enhanced movement, breath, graceful verticality, heart, understanding and inspiration.
This class singularly explores a new philosophy and practice of massage, an approach to touch therapy that affects clients deeply, not necessarily with more pressure, but with a more profound and vital connection. In a world where virtual reality holds prominence, hunger for the experience of actual reality becomes more pronounced and urgently necessary. Deep Massage: Lauterstein Method conveys a powerful therapeutic route for dramatically relieving pain and tension, optimizing wellness and wholeness of body, mind, and spirit.
For therapists who wish to become certified in Deep Massage: Lauterstein Method, this class is the first 20-hour segment in the 60-hour Deep Massage: Certification Program.
David Lauterstein is the author of The Deep Massage Book – How to Combine Structure and Energy in Bodywork(Redwing Books), the book hailed as the “the most innovative book for bodyworkers in the past 30 years!” Mr. Lauterstein is Co-Director of Lauterstein-Conway Massage School in Austin, TX. Since 1982 he has taught Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method and Zero Balancing throughout the U.S. and in the U.K. He is also author of Putting the Soul Back in the Body and the CD, Roots and Branches for massage. He is one of the most highly respected educators in the massage therapy realm – inducted in 2011 into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame, honored as the 2012 recipient of AMTA’s Jerome Perlinski Teacher of the Year Award, and in 2013 by the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education as “Educator of the Year.”