The Lauterstein-Conway School Paves The Way For Your Career With Heart. Get the skills you need to complete the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX) and begin a rewarding wellness career in 6 - 12 months.
As one of the nation’s forerunners in Massage Therapy Education, TLC has continued to cultivate outstanding Massage Therapists in the Austin area for over 30 years. The holistic training approach at TLC incorporates both the Art and Science of touch to engage the whole self in learning and growth – body, mind, and spirit.
TLC has cultivated a dynamic course format that carefully blends the optimal mix of massage theory and practical applications, providing students with unparalleled quality of instruction. Our unique tapestry structure of curriculum combines anatomy & physiology, pathology & kinesiology together based on the part of the body students are learning that day.
The 500hr Massage Therapy Program interweaves the health sciences with spa & orthopedic techniques, advanced modalities, business, and more to provide a comprehensive massage education experience.
Saturday 12 mo Class
- Need a Weekend Class?
- Saturdays Only
- Saturday 8:00am to 5:45pm
- Start Date: September 7, 2024
- 12 month program
Afternoon 6 mo Class
- Need your mornings free?
- 4 afternoons a week
- Mon - Thurs 1:10pm to 5:40pm
- Start Date: April 4, 2024
- 6-month program
Morning 6 mo Class
- Our Most Popular Schedule!
- 4 Mornings per week
- Mon - Thur 8:15am to 12:45pm
- Start Date: February 8, 2024
- 6-month program
500 Hour Massage Therapy Training Curriculum:
There is simply no substitute for human touch and the impact positive contact can have on overall wellness. Imagine having the confidence and knowledge to help relieve pain, reduce stress, and improve the overall mental and physical health of others.
Why Choose TLC for your Massage Therapy Education?
1. Experience is the key! We have been training Massage Therapists for almost 30 years. That makes a big difference in how successful you will be in this career and your ability to help people! Lauterstein-Conway provides the highest level of training in therapeutic techniques, science, and the art of skillful touch. We update and refine our curriculum regularly to make sure you leave with cutting-edge information and skills.
2. We love what we do and we want you to love what you do too! We endeavor to run our school in as healing a manner as the subjects we teach. We want each graduate to be therapeutically masterful, professionally successful and personally fulfilled. We are committed to your success!
3. We believe in the Art and Science of bodywork! Lauterstein-Conway is one of the only schools that combines a rigorous scientific training with an intuitive approach that allows you to use your creativity when designing a massage session that fits each person you work with.
4. We offer the highest quality continuing education workshops. We offer over 300 hours of workshops each year on topics such as Oncology Massage, Anatomy Trains, Advanced Deep Tissue, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Advanced Zero Balancing, Pregnancy Massage, and more.
This is our lifework. Our success is measured by the quality of your experience here, your expertise, your success and your joy in the profession of massage.
"Lauterstein and Conway provided me a strong foundation in massage while changing my life. The teachers and staff were always supportive and the bond I formed with my classmates was truly one of a kind. Definitely a very memorable chapter of my life." – Alan Gremillion
"Graduated in 2017 and massage has changed my life. This school was a very nurturing place to learn and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a career in massage therapy. I’ve never had to look hard for a job, I’ve always gotten good reviews from clients, repeat clients and a wonderful feeling that comes from helping others feel better." – Leah Vavra
“One of the best schools in the country! I attended and was licensed in 2016 and have been working as a TA since then because the quality of the environment and educational content are superb. Every time I walk in I am able to refine my massage practice and my holistic being. Good people with integrity.” – Sarah Ziegler
Why choose Massage Therapy? With the growth of the Spa Industry and the expansion of Eastern philosophies merging with Western medical practices, skilled Massage Therapists are in high demand. For example, our annual Job Fair always has a waiting list of employers who are wanting to participate. Why? Because not only do they NEED therapists right now, but they WANT our graduates. They know TLC produces experienced and caring Massage Therapists so much so that employers seek out our students before they even graduate. Walk out of class and into a career.
Where do you see yourself working in your new Career?
One of the most frequent comments massage therapists make about their occupation is, "I feel fortunate to have found work I love." They feel this way because a career in massage therapy allows them to connect and help people in a meaningful way.
According to a 2021 AMTA study, 77% of Massage Therapists describe themselves as sole practitioners.
- 52% - My Office
- 36% - My Home
- 33% - Client's Home
- 22% - Spa or Salon
- 15% - Health Care Clinic
- 9% - Client's Work
- 6% - Franchise or Chain
- 6% - Hospital, Medical Office, or Clinic
- 5% - Health Club or Athletic Facility
- 3% - Hotel, Resort, Cruise
Is a career in Massage Therapy the right fit for you?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to see if your career goals and personality align with a career in Massage Therapy:
- Are you someone who appreciates learning about the body, health, and general wellness?
- Do you enjoy being able to apply what you learn to help people in a meaningful way?
- Do you love listening to others and expressing empathy?
- Do you prefer 1-on-1 interactions for a deeper connection with your client?
- Do you enjoy working in a calm, relaxed environment?
- Do you want to have more control over your time and schedule?
The best way to get a 'feel' for Massage Therapy Training is to get a massage at the TLC Massage School Clinic.
As part of massage therapy licensure qualifications, the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations require massage therapy students to complete 50 one-hour massage sessions in a supervised setting.