The Lauterstein-Conway Massage School (TLC) has been the leading Massage Therapy program in Austin for over 30 years. The holistic training approach at TLC incorporates both the Art and Science of touch to engage the whole self in learning and growth – body, mind, and spirit.
Impact Your Community and Change the World through Therapeutic Touch
There is simply no substitute for human touch and the impact positive contact can have on overall wellness. Imagine having the confidence and knowledge to make people feel better just by using your hands. Massage Therapy can relieve pain, reduce stress, lift moods and improve overall mental and physical health.
Become a Licensed Massage Therapist in 6-12 Months
As one of the nation’s forerunners in Massage Therapy Education, TLC has developed 2 outstanding Massage Therapy Programs: the 500 Hour Massage Therapy Program for state licensure and the 250 hour Advanced Program for Board Certification.
500 Hour Massage Therapy Program
The 500 Hour Massage Therapy Program gives you the skills to take the state required Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX) and begin your career in 6 - 12 months.
Our Massage Program interweaves the health sciences with spa and orthopedic techniques with advanced modalities and business and more to provide a comprehensive massage education experience.
250 Hour Advanced Massage Program
The 250 hour Advanced Massage Therapy Program prepares already licensed Massage Therapists for voluntary Board Certification credentials.
We created the 250 Hour Advanced Program to cater to working Massage Therapists. The classes are held mostly on Mondays since we know that weekends have great earning potential for Massage Therapists.
Why pay for more training than you need to get started? Start your career sooner so you can start earning money faster. Once you have mastered the basics, come back for additional training.
Additional Licensing Information
Why Choose Lauterstein-Conway?
1. Experience is the key! We have been training Massage Therapists for almost 30 years. That makes a big difference in how successful you will be in this career and your ability to help people! Lauterstein-Conway provides the highest level of training in therapeutic techniques, science, and the art of skillful touch. We update and refine our curriculum regularly to make sure you leave with cutting-edge information and skills.
2. We love what we do and we want you to love what you do too! We endeavor to run our school in as healing a manner as the subjects we teach. We want each graduate to be therapeutically masterful, professionally successful and personally fulfilled. We are committed to your success!
3. We believe in the Art and Science of bodywork! Lauterstein-Conway is one of the only schools that combines a rigorous scientific training with an intuitive approach that allows you to use your creativity when designing a massage session that fits each person you work with.
4. We offer the highest quality continuing education workshops. We offer over 300 hours of workshops each year on topics such as Oncology Massage, Anatomy Trains, Advanced Deep Tissue, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Advanced Zero Balancing, Pregnancy Massage, and more.
5. Our advanced massage therapy program is truly unique. This is the only program in the U.S. that includes Advanced Orthopedic Massage and Trigger Point Therapy, Advanced Deep Massage, Cranio-Sacral Work, Zero Balancing, Shiatsu, and Advanced Integrative Bodywork. Take your skills to the next level!
This is our lifework. Our success is measured by the quality of your experience here, your expertise, your success and your joy in the profession of massage.
Massage Career Information
Why choose Massage Therapy? With the growth of the Spa Industry and the expansion of Eastern philosophies merging with Western medical practices, skilled Massage Therapists are in high demand. For example, our annual Job Fair always has a waiting list of employers who are wanting to participate. Why? Because not only do they NEED therapists right now, but they WANT our graduates. They know TLC produces experienced and caring Massage Therapists so much so that employers seek out our students before they even graduate. Walk out of class and into a career.
Upcoming Massage Program Schedules
August Morning Class: Mon - Thur 8:15am - 12:45pm
- Start Date: August 13, 2019 - 6 month program
September Afternoon Class: Mon – Thur 1:10pm – 5:40pm
- Start Date: September 9, 2019 - 6 month program
October Evening Class: Mon – Thur 6:00pm – 10:30pm
- Start Date: October 10, 2019 - 6 month program