Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) Certification
with Nicola McGill of Klose Training
45 CE hours -$1100 ($550 non-refundable deposit)
1 Class over 2 Weekends!
October 21-23, 2022 & October 28-30, 2022
8:00am to 5:00pm the first five days
8:00am to 2:00pm the final day
About the Workshop:
Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a very eﬀective yet gentle manual technique that is easy on the therapist’s body and well tolerated by even highly-sensitive clients. MLD reduces swelling and detoxifies the skin and superficial fascia by promoting drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network.
Instructor Nicola McGill establishes a supportive class environment in which you’ll learn the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system and effective MLD sequences that can reduce swelling and other symptoms associated with: Post-surgical edema; soft-tissue injuries; rheumatoid arthritis; fibromyalgia; whiplash; migraine headaches; PTSD; anxiety disorders; mild, medically-uncomplicated lymphedema; and more!
At the conclusion of the course, each participant will be able to:
• demonstrate understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
• demonstrate understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
• demonstrate understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
• competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas. Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical and post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
• competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients who are at risk to develop lymphedema) and on clients with mild, medically uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema.
About the Instructor:
Nicola McGill, LLSA, LMT, NCTMB, CLT, has over 15 years of experience in the field of massage and bodywork both in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. She is a graduate of the London School of Aromatherapy and received diplomas in Reflex Touch and Manual Lymphatic Drainage in Professional Practice at Anglia Polytechnic University, U.K.
Upon relocating to the U.S., Nicola received extensive training in the field of oncology massage - including scar tissue release for post-mastectomy patients - under the instruction of Gayle MacDonald, MS, LMT and Sandy Canzone, DOM. In 2010, Nicola received her Lymphedema Therapy Certification through Klose Training and Consulting. She also completed the Breast Cancer Rehabilitation, Head and Neck Lymphedema Management, and refresher MLD classes with Klose Training.
In her clinical practice, Nicola utilizes her bodywork skills as an Aromatherapist, massage therapist, and MLD practitioner to treat a wide range of medical conditions, both chronic and acute, including conditions related to the respiratory, digestive, muscular-skeletal, nervous, and reproductive systems. She also provides individual aromatherapy consultations for clients requiring customized blends for skin care and general health-promoting practices.
Since May 2008, Nicola has been on staff at Boulder Community Hospital (BCH) as an Oncology Massage and Lymphedema Therapist. She promotes education and lymphedema risk-reduction practices at cancer support groups and individual treatment sessions while working alongside the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center (RMCCC) and the BCH team of healthcare providers.
Since November 2008, Nicola has been on staff at Avanti Physical Therapy in Boulder and is a team member of the Boulder Cancer Survivorship Program, offering Oncology Massage, Breast Cancer Rehabilitation and lymphedema Management.