Introduction to Ayurveda & Body Types/
Indie Head, Face and Scalp Massage with Margo Gal
Saturday-Sunday, February 22-23, 2020
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL!
In this two day workshop, we will introduce the basic principles of Ayurveda and how to identify specific body/mind/skin types according to each individual constitution. By this understanding, therefore, one can apply specific massage pressure as well as particular oils according to individual body types and conditions.
On the second day, marma points will be learned on Head and Face including a face sequence followed by a traditional warm oil Indian scalp massage.
Ayurveda is an ancient science from India over 5,000 years old. “Veda” means knowledge and “Ayur” means life, together defined as the science of life or knowledge of life. means the “Science or Knowledge of Life”. It teaches us that we are made of the 5 elements and 3 Doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. And that each individual person has a unique constitution. The definition of marma means “secret hidden energy”. There are a total of 108 marma points on the body and they are subtle in nature. We will cover primarily the main points on the face and head during this workshop. Benefits of Indie head, face and scalp massage: improves mental alertness, improves blood circulation and oxygen supply to the brain, calms nerves and promotes sound sleep.
Very beneficial for: headaches, migraines, insomnia, sinus headaches, anxiety, facial pain and Bell’s palsy.
- Students will show a knowledge and understanding of location of marma points
- Will demonstrate the sequence of face massage with marma points
- Will show they have learned how to identify a Vata, Pitta and Kapha body/mind type
- Student will learn how to identify different facial skin types
- Students will describe what would be different approached to massage according to an individual’s constitution – Vata, Pitta or Kapha
- Students will learn what oils or lotions to use – cooling or heating – depending on the type