Zero Balancing is a fascinating advanced bodywork modality which specializes in the balancing of both the human energy field and its anatomical structure.
with David Lauterstein, Cert. ZB, LMT
Thursday, March 26, 2015, 6:30-10pm
Friday-Saturday, March 27-28, 9am-5:30pm
Sunday, March 29, 9am-4:30pm
$795 ($250 non-refundable deposit)
**THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED.**
ZERO BALANCING has been called “the most revolutionary development in bodywork today.”
Zero Balancing (ZB) is a hands-on bodywork system designed to align the energy body and the physical structure. Zero Balancing focuses on the whole person, while addressing specific needs – profoundly relieving pain, tension, and discomfort. Considered at the leading edge of body/mind therapies, ZB moves beyond exclusively Western scientific approaches to body structure by also incorporating Eastern concepts of energy and healing. This enables practitioners to work simultaneously with the structural and energy bodies. Zero Balancing focuses on the musculo-skeletal system, with particular emphasis on key joints, ligaments, and soft tissues that support us in the gravitational field and facilitate energy transmission.
How Zero Balancing Helps
• Relieves muscle pain and chronic tension especially in the lower back, thorax, shoulders, arms, neck and head, hips and feet.
• Deepens clients’ relief from past trauma
• Stimulates psycho-spiritual development
• Re-aligns the physical body
• Deeply relieves current life stress
• Promotes mental clarity and inspiration
• Aligns structure and energy with respect to each other
What You Will Learn in Zero Balancing I
• A step-by-step Zero Balancing protocol for the entire body
• Specific Zero Balancing techniques for the tarsal bones, hips, sacro-iliac joints, low, mid and upper back, shoulder girdle, and extensive work for the lower, upper cervical, and suboccipital areas.
• Anatomy of the body’s “Foundation Joints” – those most critical to our balance
• Altered states and their importance in the healing process
• The “Working Signs” of mind/body healing
• How to Create Fulcrums – Zero Balancing’s working tool for balancing energy and structure
prerequisite reading – Inner Bridges by Dr. Fritz Smith, MD and “What is Zero Balancing?” by David Lauterstein. Here is the link to “What is Zero Balancing?” – http://www.tlcschool.com/continuing-education/what-is-zero-balancing/
David Lauterstein has been a massage and bodywork teacher since 1982, beginning at the Chicago School of Massage Therapy and, since 1989, at The Lauterstein-Conway School. He teaches workshops in Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method and Zero Balancing, throughout the U.S. and in England. David is a faculty member of the Zero Balancing Health Association and has studied continuously with the founder of Zero Balancing, Dr. Fritz Smith, MD since 1986. He is the author of Putting the Soul Back in the Body, The Deep Massage Book – How to Combine Structure and Energy in Bodywork (Redwing Books, 2012), and the massage music CD, Roots and Branches. He was inducted into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2011, is the 2012 recipient of AMTA’s Jerome Perlinski Teacher of the Year award and the 2013 Educator of the Year Award from the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education.