A Different Road to Higher Education and a Career in Healthcare
Massage therapy offers an opportunity for high school grads to start earning a rewarding income while keeping college in sight down the road.
Why? Because the path after high school isn’t a straight road to college anymore.
People view work differently today – 43 percent of Gen Z say, “they would rather be entrepreneurs,” according to Inc. Magazine.
Major employers are also more supportive and encouraging of certifications in high-demand fields, according to CNBC.
And Dell Technologies believes “85 percent of the jobs that will exist in 2030 haven’t even been invented yet.”
Whether you need a job that will put you through college, a break from traditional academics or college isn’t for you at all, a certification in massage therapy could be a perfectly acceptable solution.
Why High School Grads Should Consider Massage Therapy
- High earning potential for high school grads.
- Flexible work schedules that can easily adapt to and accommodate college coursework.
- Industry overlap for aspiring healthcare workers.
- Low stress (if not relaxing) work to perform.
- Can become a side job post college graduation.
Why High School Grads Should Consider Lauterstein-Conway
- 29+ years experience in massage education.
- Founded by thought-leaders in the massage field.
- Finish school in as little as six-12 months.
- Morning/afternoon/evening/weekend schedules.
- Career advancement support and opportunities.
- Continuing education and advanced trainings.
- Networking and employment opportunities.
Five Concerns Parents Often Have About Massage
After working with students of all ages for nearly 30 years, we understand that our students’ loved ones often have questions and concerns about massage therapy in general and our school and programs specifically.
Here are answers to five questions parents of recent high school grads often ask.
1. Massage Therapy is a Growing Industry.
According to the US Department of Labor, “Employment of massage therapists is projected to grow 26 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.”
2. Massage Therapy is a Rewarding Career.
“A career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and with opportunities for progress.” Massage therapy can be a life-long profession that includes opportunities for advanced certifications and specialties just like any of the other wellness professions.
3. Lauterstein-Conway is a Reputable School.
In addition to having been established nearly 30 years ago, we are affiliated with several reputable, national organizations. Here are a few…
4. Our Goal is to Train Successful Massage Therapists.
Our success as a school is directly related to the success of our students. That’s why we facilitate a unique internship program in addition to comprehensive business classes as well as networking events and job fairs.
5. Your Student Can Still Go to College.
Many of our massage students use their career in massage therapy to support them through college. And because massage is a healthcare modality, many even go on to pursue careers in healthcare. Watch this…
At Lauterstein-Conway Massage School, we understand that many of our students have loved ones with questions and concerns about massage therapy and about our educational program.
Whether you are a high school senior or parent of a grad, we encourage you to meet with an admissions counselor and tour our campus. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.