with David Lauterstein
Fri-Mon, June 7-10, 2019
Friday, 9-5pm, Saturday 10-5pm, Sunday 9-5pm, Monday 10-5pm
$595 (usually $795!)
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED! WALK-INS WELCOME!
Items to bring/wear for this workshop include:
- Tuition in full
- Note-taking supplies
- 1 blanket per day
- 1 floor/yoga mat
- Towels to use a head support
- Loose, Comfortable, yoga-type Clothing. No jeans or dresses.
- A light sweater or jacket is recommended as temperatures in meeting areas are sometimes difficult to control
- Prerequisite Reading 1: Inner Bridges by Fritz Smith, MD
- Prerequisite Reading 2: “What is Zero Balancing?” by David Lauterstein located at following link - http://www.tlcschool.com/continuing-education/what-is-zero-balancing/
*This class is also the first segment of our Advanced Clinical Massage & Bodywork Program. If you decide, during or immediately after this class, to enroll in the Advanced Program, your entire workshop payment can be applied to the Advanced Program tuition.
ZERO BALANCING has been called “the most revolutionary development in bodywork today.”
Zero Balancing (ZB) is a hands-on bodywork system designed to align the body both energetically and structurally. Zero Balancing focuses on the whole person, while addressing specific needs - profoundly relieving pain, tension, and discomfort. Considered at the leading edge of body/mind therapies, ZB integrates Western scientific approaches to body structure with Eastern concepts of energy and healing. This enables practitioners to work simultaneously with structure and energy. Zero Balancing focuses on the musculo-skeletal system, with particular emphasis on key joints, ligaments, and soft tissues that support us in the gravitational field and facilitate energy flow.
Benefits of Zero Balancing
- Relieves muscle pain and chronic tension through the whole body - with specific techniques for the low back, hips, feet, thorax, shoulders, arms, neck, and head.
- Re-aligns the physical body
- Deepens clients’ relief from past trauma
- Stimulates psycho-spiritual development
- Deeply relieves current life stresses
- Promotes mental clarity and inspiration
- Aligns structure and energy with respect to each other
David Lauterstein, LMT, MTI, Cert. ZB, TLC School Co-Director, has been in massage and bodywork practice since 1977 and has become one of the most highly respected international educators in the massage therapy realm – inducted in 2011 into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame, honored as the 2012 recipient of AMTA’s Jerome Perlinski Teacher of the Year Award, and in 2013 by the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education as “Educator of the Year.” David regularly teaches in England, Costa Rica and throughout the U.S since 1982. He is the author of the books, Putting the Soul Back in the Body, The Deep Massage Book,, and Life in the Bones: A Biography of Dr. Fritz Smith and Zero Balancing. He is certified in Structural Bodywork and Zero Balancing and is a faculty member of the Zero Balancing Health Association. His background prior to massage therapy was in philosophy and music composition (BA, U of Illinois, 1972).