Prepare for practical Deep Massage study with this brief but informative workshop about the modality.
an online study by Keith Vencill, MTI, LMT featuring David Lauterstein, MTI, LMT
3 CE hours
$40 in full, by PayPal only
Learn the essential theory of Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method.
This on-line class is an audio-visual presentation about the key concepts that underlie this unique bodywork modality. Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method is a soft tissue therapy which very effectively combines structural and energetic bodywork.
You will learn:
- The history of Deep Massage
- How it is similar and different from “deep tissue”
- The nature of fascia and thixotrophy
- The role of the nervous system
- How to touch energy and structure simultaneously and clearly
- What is a fulcrum and how to create it through touch.
- The “working signs” of bodymind healing
- Helpful tips for individualized session design
- Boundary issues
- Contraindications and Indications
After this class, you will be well-prepared to take hands-on classes in Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method offered in the U.S. and the U.K.
This on-line class is a collaboration of Keith Vencill, Deep Massage faculty member, and David Lauterstein, the founder of Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method. The audio presentations are by David Lauterstein and were created specifically for this on-line class.