About the Workshop
Prepare for practical Deep Massage study with this brief but informative workshop about the modality.
This on-line class is an audio-visual presentation about the key concepts that underlie this unique bodywork modality. Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method is a soft tissue therapy which very effectively combines structural and energetic bodywork.
You will learn:
- The history of Deep Massage
- How it is similar and different from “deep tissue”
- The nature of fascia and thixotrophy
- The role of the nervous system
- How to touch energy and structure simultaneously and clearly
- What is a fulcrum and how to create it through touch.
- The “working signs” of bodymind healing
- Helpful tips for individualized session design
- Boundary issues
- Contraindications and Indications
After this class, you will be well-prepared to take hands-on classes in Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method offered in the U.S. and the U.K.
This on-line class is a collaboration of Keith Vencill, Deep Massage faculty member, and David Lauterstein, the founder of Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method. The audio presentations are by David Lauterstein and were created specifically for this on-line class.
Keith Vencill, BS, LMT, MTI has been in private practice since 2003. He is an instructor of advanced classes at Lauterstein-Conway Massage School in Austin, since 2004. He teaches several workshops each year including three in Arizona in 2008. Keith has delivered massage in a variety of settings- the Hilton Austin downtown, Dell fitness center, a chiropractic office, the Texas Renaissance Festival, and the University of Texas men’s basketball, baseball and football training rooms. He is also involved with the Community Living Assistance and Support Services program through the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, working with persons with disabilities.