with Marty Ryan, LMP, CVMT
Friday, Feb 22, 6:30-9:30pm
Saturday, Feb 23, 2013, 9am-6pm
Sunday, Feb 24, 2013, 9am-5pm
$325 ($100 Deposit)
**THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED. WALK IN REGISTRATIONS ARE STILL WELCOME.**
**10% discount for TLC students/grads**
Low back pain is one of the top three reasons for initiating an MD or osteopathic visit. This class takes a comprehensive 360 degree look at this area of the body including the anterior spine, visceral fascia, and pelvic floor architecture. We will also assess and treat holding patterns and contracture in anterior body skeletal muscles such as the psoas major, iliacus and the abdominal wall. We will also look at smooth muscle holding patterns that can contribute to changes in gait, posture, and breath mechanics. We will focus on treating low back and pelvis pain in a layer-by-layer approach. Put a whole new set of low back and pelvis pain tools into your tool kit!
Course objectives – Students will:
- Discuss the strengths and drawbacks of traditional low back and pelvis pain care. What works well? What else can be done?
- Discuss the role of the viscera in low back and pelvis pain syndromes. How does the viscera attach to the front of the spine? How does the viscera attach to the pelvis?
- IBS, dysmenorrhea, abdominal surgery (all types), interstitial cystitis, prostatitis, and pelvic organ prolapse are a few of the most common conditions that can cause or contribute to low back and pelvis pain.
- Practice treatment techniques to treat anterior lumbar and pelvic floor attachments for skeletal muscle and visceral fascia.
- Assess the position and mobilize abdominal and pelvic viscera via the abdomen
Marty Ryan, LMP, CVMT is a passionate abdominal massage instructor, and a dually certified Mayan Abdominal Massage and Chi Nei Tsang practitioner. He has taught belly massage and palpatory anatomy seminars internationally since 1998, and is in private practice in Seattle, WA. Marty has actively pursued his clinical treatment style, and his classroom teaching style is often regarded as an open and fun learning environment where everyone has the opportunity to participate, learn, and be heard. He is the founder and director of Love Your Guts Seminars, LLC is a bodywork education company dedicated to bringing the world of the abdomen and viscera into a whole new light.
We utilize high impact learning strategies to integrate whole body systems physiology and visceral anatomy information into a thoughtful and effective approach to belly massage. All seminars are presented with joy, laughter, gratitude, studiousness, clarity and most of all FUN! We invite everyone to truly Love Your Guts!