with Shane Melear, LMT
Sunday, February 26, 2012
10am – 5pm
6 CE hours
$125 ($65 deposit)
*10% off for TLC Graduates and students
Cranio-Sacral Work – Integrating the Sacrum
This workshop will explore ways to enhance the cranio-sacral movement through the sacrum and legs. We will review the related anatomy of the pelvis and legs to refine the palpatory skills needed to percieve the subtle movements of this system.
You will learn ways to bring cranio-sacral work into your massage sessions for a more integrated approach.
Workshop topics include-
- Soft tissue releases for the sacrum
- Reading the movements of the illia
- Reading the cranio-sacral movement through the hips and knees
- Refining the perception of the cranio-sacrral movement at the sacrum and feet.
- Cranio-sacral techniques for the sacrum which will have impact on the whole system.
Shane Melear, LMT, Cert. ZB, has had a practice in massage therapy since 1995 specializing in deep tissue and chronic pain management. He is a graduate of Lauterstein-Conway and the Brian Utting School of Massage in Seattle, Washington. He has also studied cranio-sacral therapy and is a certified practitioner of Zero Balancing, one of 11 certified Zero Balancers in Texas. At Lauterstein-Conway he teaches anatomy, physiology, Swedish, Sports, Deep and Clinical Massage Therapy.