with Lizabeth Franklin
Sunday, June 14, 2015
6 CE hours
**THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION. WALK IN REGISTRATION IS STILL AVAILABLE.**
*10% off for TLC Graduates and students
The purpose of this class is to answer some commonly asked questions about Trigger Points, such as:
- What is a Trigger Point?
- What is a Referral Pattern?
- What causes Trigger Points?
- How do I locate a Trigger Point?
- How do I treat a Trigger Point?
- What type of follow up or self care do I recommend?
To give you, the therapist:
- The knowledge needed to effectively communicate with your client
- The palpation skills to locate a Trigger Point
- Techniques that will aid you in addressing the Trigger Point
- A look at some tools and books you may wish to acquire
Items to bring/wear for this workshop include:
- Note-taking supplies
- 1 Sheet set
- 2 Pillows for bolstering
- Loose, comfortable clothing
- A light sweater or jacket is recommended as temperatures in meeting areas are sometimes difficult to control
Lizabeth Franklin, LMT, MTI, has 11 years experience running her private massage therapy practice, located in Georgetown, TX. She has extensive medical background: studied radiology and respiratory therapy at Lamar University, graduating in 1984 from the Respiratory Therapy program. She is certified in Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Trigger Point Therapy, and Bodywork for the Childbearing Years.